Thursday, December 02, 2004

The Moderate Liberal vs. the Libertarian

The Moderate Liberal vs. the Libertarian
names and locations changed to protect the innocent.

John: Don't mind Joe Amy, he's a Republican! He would like to lube up Bush's but with some Astroglide and slip um a pinky! LOL... Love ya ED!

Me: Yeah he sounded like a Neocon. That's usually what they do: "La, la la, I'm not listening" "It's all Clinton's fault" "It's ok to criticize the President if he's a Democrat, but if he's a Republican its unpatriotic" I've heard it all before.

Joe: Ok! La La La! I am a victim of todays society! I am the center of the universe. I will try and find some reason to complain and reach for every little imperfection in todays political world. Yes I am a strong Bush supporter and I don't believe he has done everything right. What I believe is this! People who give up their constitutional rights and vote for a lessor pressident just because they don't like bush are victoms. I rebel agianst people who just need something to be a victom over. I am a registered Republican but am a true Libritarian 100% in my views! I did not vote for bush cause he hates fags! I did not vote for him because he is a Rebublican. I did not vote for bush cause of fear! I did note vote for Bush because he is a fundamentalist. I voted for Bush because of people that are victims over everything, who want to undermine America and look for something to complain about and piss and moan over BULLSHIT THAT DOES NOT MEAN A FUCKING THING. I voted for him because he is a by far better option than that guy who would have taken us back to the post 911 life. Who believes that Holywood is where its at. Yah Bush may have fucked up with both wars but who wouldn't. I would rather have him continue than have Kerry get all complacent and then here a bunch of "I told yah so's". I think the North East has gotton too cmplacent because they are so afraid of being attacked again that it blinds thier judgement. I am not a conpiracist theory person either. Now I did not label you to start with, don't label me. I am just a nut ball from CT who believes in being Free, Nuts and Crazy. Nothing personal to you Amy or John! At least I read your posts! Because I am trying to understand both points of view as much as possible.

me: I voted for Kerry because I genuinely liked him. As for the pre-911 mindset talk, I don't buy into that line of bull. I happen to read a lot about foreign policy and attend many conferences in NY on global economic issues and foreign policy. I have friends in the UN and I read foreign and domestic news of all persuasions including the WSJ and the Weekly Standard. I have a degree in Int'l Business, speak German fluently and know a lot about European politics and history. As for NE liberals being complacent out of fear of being attacked the other way to look at it is this: If you get cancer you'll do all the research you could possibly do to find out what type of cancer you have, what causes it and all the different remedies for curing it. That is how interested I am in this phenomena of terrorism.

Complaining and undermining America? (looking over shoulder) Where? I'm concerned and complaining because I want to save America from fascism. I think it's interesting that the Republicans and Libertarians were complaining about Big Government wasting taxpayer money when the Dems were in power but when the Republicans do it - it's responsible economics and being tough on terrorism even if future generations will have to pay for our bloating national debt and more terrorism. If you add up all the national debt including municipalities and divided by the population you would see we owe $125K per person; that's every man, woman and child.

And your bogus Hollywood elite statement: Ahhnold, Ronald Reagan, sMELl Gibson and all the bosses of the major studios are all Republicans so what's your point? I have a friend who is an actor in LA who tells me Hollywood is very Republican. From my perspective Bush is not a Republican he's a radical. Kerry on the other hand is more like a liberal Republican - yes there are liberal Republicans. I don't care what political party they come from as long as they are socially liberal and fiscally conservative and responsible. Bush is dangerously fiscally liberal and socially conservative. His policies are irresponsible.

I'm currently reading Running On Empty: How the Democratic and Republican Parties are Bankrupting our future and What Americans Can Do About It by Peter Peterson. It's written from a conservative point of view and very interesting. I don't agree with all of his statements because I believe social programs are needed for the good of society. I'm not saying we should give everyone government handouts, but you still have to educate the people and prevent poverty at minimum. Poverty causes crime and extreme political views like terrorism and Nazism.

Our country needs to get back to rational debate and it's never going to happen if people continue to listen to people like Hannity, O'Reilly, Limpballs and Coulter. That's all I've got for one day.

Here's an interesting quote for you to think about: "The national government will maintain and defend the foundations on which the power of our nation rests. It will offer strong protection to Christianity as the very basis of our collective morality. Today Christians stand at the head of our country. We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit. We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in literature, in the theatre, and in the press......in short, we want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of LIBERAL excess during the past few years."
~Adolph Hitler~ The Speeches of Adolph Hitler, 1922-1939, Vol. 1 (London, Oxford University Press, 1942), pg. 871-872

Peace, Amy

2 Comments:

At 12/02/2004 10:45 PM , Blogger KyndCulture said...

I'm feelin' ya Amy... I'm right there....

Our country needs to get back to rational debate and it's never going to happen if people continue to listen to people like Hannity, O'Reilly, Limpballs and Coulter.

WHEN will the sheep stop listening... and THINK goddammit... THINK for yourselves.

 
At 12/07/2004 10:26 AM , Blogger ProgressivePatriot said...

They don't want to think...it's hard work!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home