Tuesday, March 01, 2005

High School Fiction Writer Arrested for Terrorism - Wrote Zombie Story

From the WTF is wrong with these crazy people department:

A George Rogers Clark High School junior arrested Tuesday for making terrorist threats told LEX 18 News Thursday that the "writings" that got him arrested are being taken out of context.

Winchester police say William Poole, 18, was taken into custody Tuesday morning. Investigators say they discovered materials at Poole's home that outline possible acts of violence aimed at students, teachers, and police.

Poole told LEX 18 that the whole incident is a big misunderstanding. He claims that what his grandparents found in his journal and turned into police was a short story he wrote for English class.

"My story is based on fiction," said Poole, who faces a second-degree felony terrorist threatening charge. "It's a fake story. I made it up. I've been working on one of my short stories, (and) the short story they found was about zombies. Yes, it did say a high school. It was about a high school over ran by zombies."

Even so, police say the nature of the story makes it a felony. "Anytime you make any threat or possess matter involving a school or function it's a felony in the state of Kentucky," said Winchester Police detective Steven Caudill.

Poole disputes that he was threatening anyone.

"It didn't mention nobody who lives in Clark County, didn't mention (George Rogers Clark High School), didn't mention no principal or cops, nothing,"
said Poole. "Half the people at high school know me. They know I'm not that stupid, that crazy."

On Thursday, a judge raised Poole's bond from one to five thousand dollars after prosecutors requested it, citing the seriousness of the charge.

Poole is being held at the Clark County Detention Center.


---------

I've been a fiction writer since I was in the 3rd grade. This is OUTFREAKINGRAGEOUS..... Young writers, write what they know. Hello you stupid, idiots. Hello you stupid Bush loving booga booga scared grandparents. So this is what we do to budding talent now adays. We arrest it for terrorism. I cannot take this shit!!!! Have I said how much I hate these people today? (tm)

5 Comments:

At 3/01/2005 8:39 AM , Blogger halcyon67 said...

Of course it would only happen in the state of Kentucky.


This is absolutely outrageous, I have written short stories too when I was younger, they were science fiction, and they were horrible. This is absolutely ridiculous.


This really upsets me, this kid was arrested because of a story he wrote? Whoopie. What even gets me more is that he is being charged with terrorism, meanwhile there are actually terrorists actually plotting to bomb schools and kill people, the authorities are focused on a story. Insane and Inane.

 
At 3/01/2005 9:01 AM , Blogger ProgressivePatriot said...

Hey, what can you expect from conservative psuedo-christian inbreds??
Another example of why conservatism has never succeeded.

 
At 3/01/2005 12:32 PM , Blogger Michael Moore-on said...

Ok, I agree with you on this one, but something tells me we're missing the rest of the story. And Lib, WTF? No points for you on your speculation, bad form.

 
At 3/04/2005 1:39 PM , Blogger Right On! said...

"It didn't mention nobody who lives in Clark County, didn't mention (George Rogers Clark High School), didn't mention no principal or cops, nothing,"
said Poole. "Half the people at high school know me. They know I'm not that stupid, that crazy."
Ok so I HOPE this child is not the top in his class because something tells me that anyone that uses grammer like "I didn't mention nobody" shouldn't be quoted in a news article.

As for the persecution, this is RETARDED, if it was a story about him personally killing people in his school I could understand it, but COME ON Zombie's????? I don't see the connection.

Oh and I guess Robin's jumping to conclusions again, but I guess if this had happened in Massachusets, it would have had nothing to do with the political affiliation of the state, it would have been Bush's fault because he had caused the Mass. Public undue stress by continuing to hold office.

 
At 3/08/2005 1:28 AM , Blogger CaliValleyGirl said...

Wow...that is scary thought police stuff.

I mean, on the one hand I believe that families should be more involved in their children's lives...but reading his journal? And then handing him over to the police...WTF indeed!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home