Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Iraq Elections a Sham

We already knew this but, now it's official. Iraqi citizens were forced to vote or lose food rations. I am confident that soon, we will hear that they were also told who to vote for (by the very people who rig elections in America).


Some Just Voted for Food

Dahr Jamail


BAGHDAD, Jan 31 (IPS) - Voting in Baghdad was linked with receipt of food rations, several voters said after the Sunday poll.

Many Iraqis said Monday that their names were marked on a list provided by the government agency that provides monthly food rations before they were allowed to vote.

”I went to the voting centre and gave my name and district where I lived to a man,” said Wassif Hamsa, a 32-year-old journalist who lives in the predominantly Shia area Janila in Baghdad. ”This man then sent me to the person who distributed my monthly food ration.”

Mohammed Ra'ad, an engineering student who lives in the Baya'a district of the capital city reported a similar experience. More>>>

9 Comments:

At 2/01/2005 9:30 AM , Blogger Michael Moore-on said...

From the exact rag you quoted on their front page:
"IRAQ: A Real Election After All"
See it here:
http://ipsnews.net/interna.asp?idnews=27255

 
At 2/01/2005 11:09 AM , Blogger Union Patriot said...

The same type of swill was written on 9/4/1967 about the 83% voter turnout in Viet Nam.
Look what it got the Vietnamese and the US. A right-wing quagmire.

 
At 2/03/2005 3:03 PM , Blogger Union Patriot said...

There are no less than 2 paragraphs from a person who distributes food.....AFTER they voted.

Comprehension eludes you people doesn't it??

 
At 2/03/2005 3:15 PM , Blogger Union Patriot said...

Here is a quote from the first report that come up after I googled. There were 20 pages of links to stories on this.

"But some Iraqis still say they will vote. "I'll vote because I can't afford to have my food ration cut," said Amin Hajar, 52, who owns a small auto garage in Baghdad. "There is a rumour that if we don't vote our ration will be stopped. And if that happened, I and my family would starve to death."

He said that when he picked up his monthly food ration recently, he was forced to sign a form saying he had picked up his voter registration. He believes that the government may use this to track whether he votes or not."

Ask you parents to remove the parental controls....maybe you will have better luck.

 
At 2/03/2005 4:06 PM , Blogger Union Patriot said...

I'll believe the Iraqi who wrote it. I don't believe that the MSM would cover it anyway but, I wouldn't know. I don't read, listen or watch the American media. I want to know what is going on, not some sugar-coated republican spin.

 
At 2/03/2005 6:53 PM , Blogger Union Patriot said...

I read news from credible sources that present the entire issue....not just the 'feel good' news the right-wing wants you to hear.
Therefore, there is no MSM in America that is credible. It has to do with regulation and other issues you probably don't know anything about.

 
At 2/03/2005 7:14 PM , Blogger Union Patriot said...

I think you are the one full of it. I can't believe you don't know of any news sources outside the American main stream farce.....but it wouldn't surprise me....

Drink some more kool-aid.

 
At 2/03/2005 7:33 PM , Blogger Union Patriot said...

That was one example of the hundreds I found. Get out of lock step with your peers and read.....read....read...it may enlighten you.

There is a great French news agency that reports in real time....you should catch it. People are going to be starting thier day in Baghdad soon.

Now back to your kool-aid.

 
At 2/03/2005 7:46 PM , Blogger Union Patriot said...

Yeah...a left-wing conspiracy!!! Lmao....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home